Why Your Child Should Visit an Orthodontist
Here are the reasons why your child should get an orthodontic check-up no later than age 7:Even though most people think of preteens and teens when they think of orthodontics, there are good reasons your child should visit Children's Choice for a no-charge orthodontic evaluation much sooner. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7, and Children's Choice agrees.
- They're free of charge to you. Many people don't realize that an orthodontic evaluation at Children's Choice doesn't cost you anything. Having our orthodontist simply evaluate your child is free of charge. But it can pay big dividends in peace of mind and the knowledge about what future treatment your child may need.
- Our orthodontist can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present.
- While your child's teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect.
- The check-up may reveal that your child's bite is fine. Or, the orthodontist may identify a developing problem, but recommend monitoring the child's growth and development. And then, if indicated, may begin treatment at the appropriate time for the child. In other cases, the orthodontist may find a problem that can benefit from early treatment.
- Early treatment may prevent more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated, or avoid it altogether.
- In some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
- Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve the function and health of your child's bite
- Improve appearance
- Through an early orthodontic evaluation, you'll be giving your child their best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile.